Location:UMR TETIS Montpellier, South of France
Contract type:Full time temporary position12 months,as INRAe(salary according to experience. (aprox. Brut (incl.benefits))4500-3100EUR/month)
Expected start date:October 1st2023
Before June 30th2023
Pposte à pouvoir
Data Analyst to operationalize Biodiversity indicators using Earth Observation satellites information
Data Analystto operationalize Biodiversity indicators using Earth Observation satellites informationINRAE is France's new National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment, created on January 1, 2020, It was foundedby the merger of INRA, the National Institute for Agricultural Research, and IRSTEA, the National Research Institute of Science and Technology for the Environment and Agriculture.The organization is bringing together a working community of 12,000 people, with more than 200 research units and 42 experimental units located throughout France. INRAE is one of the world's leading institutions in agricultural and food sciences, plant sciences and environmental sciences. Its research aims to develop solutions oriented to improve life, humans, and the Earth that uncovers our most pressing concerns
Votre mission et vos activités
- You will be based at the UMR TETIS (Territoires, Environnement, Télédétection et Information Spatiale) in Montpellier, South of France. The lab is part of the “Maison de la Télédétection”, the Integrated UnitTETIS has access to heavy computing resources (storage, high-performance computing) and software used for research and building capacity and teaching activities (GIS, image processing, statistics, etc.). TETISalso produces and/or contributes to numerous IT developments of various kinds and sizes: modelling platforms (generic spatial modelling, crop models, radiative transfer models, etc.), data mining applications, multi-sensor image processing chains, GIS plugins, data distribution portals, observatories.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Data Analyst Expert who will be responsible for managing remote sensing data and set up analysis ready data for subsequently artificial intelligence (AI) based analysis to support biodiversity applications. The successful candidate will work closely with a team of researchers and Engineersto develop a data cube for analyzing spatial and temporal data on biodiversity monitoring and trends. This position requires experience in multidimensional data management, processing, analysis and visualization. Previous experiences in remote sensing data management and analysis will be much appreciated
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of researchers to design and implement biodiversity Data Cube for ecosystem monitoring
- Organize and manage large and complex remote sensing datasets
- Develop Xarray toolsthat will allow spatial and temporal analysis of biodiversity related variables
- Create query tools to inquiry data in visual/spatial (e.g. maps, graphs) or tabular form.
- Master's or PhD in computer science, data science, remote sensing or related fields
- Proficiency in pythonExperiencewith OLAP software, knowledge of MDX syntax, experience with Xarray tools
- Experience with remote sensing data processing software (e.g. GDAL, RasterIO, etc) and specifications (e.g. STAC)
- Familiarity with biodiversity concepts and ecological research methods will be much appreciated but not mandatory
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you are passionate about biodiversity research, you have experience in remote sensing data analysis and you have a strong background in multidimensional data management we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.